Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Pearls of Gauribidanur

As each day passes by,
I collect memories like precious pearls.
In a small simple box in my soul,
Alive and ever present for all my years.

There are sweeping green fields,
With a halo of Golden flowers.
There are simple people,
You can talk to for hours.

People that I find
Simple and Loving.
Who find me and my camera,
Equally fascinating.

Young and old,
They all respect their work,
Working in the fields,
From dawn to dark.

The life of the village,
I saw etched in a woman’s face.
Bent double with age,
She still had strength, authority and grace.

People with cares of their own,
But always ready to lend a helping hand.
From offering food, to giving you a ride,
They’ll do anything, while you’re on their land

The wind hitting your face,
When you stand in the back of an open truck.
People laugh, ‘coz you’re a funny sight,
But you feel like you have all the world’s luck!

Eating the food there,
May never leave you the same.
But without its share of obstacles,
What’s the fun in the game?

Safe from the tarnishing of time,
In a place where I need no locks,
I place the pearls of Gauribidanur,
Back in my tiny little box.

No comments:

Post a Comment